Welcome

I originally began, and titled, this blog when I traveled to India for 6 months in 2011. I ended up helping the royal Panwar family start an organic farm, cultural conservation center, and hotel in the foothills of the Himalayas, 6 hours drive north of Delhi. Hence the blog posts from four years ago depicting those wonderful travels. I often think fondly of the kind people I know there.....

Happily I am continuing this blog, and keeping the name. My intention is to engage with and bear witness to the shift in consciousness I believe is happening all around the world. It is a miracle to be able to join people everywhere who are healing ourselves, each other, and the Earth through discovering the unity and the freedom of being alive.

On this journey though our magical world, we become aware of how we create our inner and outer world as one. Let us be true to ourselves, that we might inspire each other! Witnessing so many ways of life, we recognize to the archetypal spiritual forces vying for the world, disguised in the veils of our personal story lines and ordinary lives. Every moment is a sacred offering, when we decide which ones we serve.

I will be posting draft chapters of my first novel, "Otherwise What?, as they become available. Most recent posts appear on top. Thank you for reading :)

Saturday, November 15, 2014

I am the one who can breathe underwater


I am the one who can breathe underwater


Beautiful music in last night’s dream
with lyrics so wild
my soul flowed again:
Don’t barter for my soul
with your needs
and call it love.

Displaced from the mind
by personal and collective conditioning,
I dive deeper
into the dark lake
of the unknown,
a gypsy in teal waters of feeling.

Love is not words.
Love is not a promise
to build a life where there will be enough
along a damned-up steam.
Love is not bribing each other
to stay together.

Love is not a hook,
a descending feeble white line,
the clawing pleasures of the ego,
attempting to latch
into the heart,
the desire to belong.

When you were mine
I needed to steal your love.
Now you are free,
and my heart is
like a wellspring.
I wonder if I ever knew you.

Letting go of language,
letting go of waiting,
letting go of the visions of happiness
that hurt, because they weren’t real.
Without the longing to be loved,
I can easily love you.

Of course I know what love is.
Everybody does!
I love you when I notice you, instead of
bartering for your soul
with my needs
and calling it love.

Laughing now, I remember
calling you baby
so you would touch me.
We were dealing in addictions,
bonding over the future
instead of eating the ripe fruit of now.

When there are no expectations,
there is nothing to loose.
I exchange my love for this moment,
vulnerable and new.
Now that what I feared has happened,
I know you better than ever before.

Don’t try to be consistent.
That's the ego’s strategy,
piling on heavy investments of
I love you’s,
on the lonely raft
upon the surface.

The idea of the other
is the booby trap of love.
I will never know you
if I expect you to stay the same.
See me change
or someone else will.

I don’t mean to threaten you.
I simply don’t want to choose
between life and love,
between being myself
and sharing myself.
I don't want to force you to.

I am the one who can breathe underwater.
I am the mysterious heart, dancing,
paradoxical and pure.
Like mixing colors,
the soul is meant to change
into what it delights in.

Releasing our fool’s gold
into the vast water
until we are light as forgiveness,
all I have to offer
is this honest, ineffable
awareness of now.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?