Welcome

I originally began, and titled, this blog when I traveled to India for 6 months in 2011. I ended up helping the royal Panwar family start an organic farm, cultural conservation center, and hotel in the foothills of the Himalayas, 6 hours drive north of Delhi. Hence the blog posts from four years ago depicting those wonderful travels. I often think fondly of the kind people I know there.....

Happily I am continuing this blog, and keeping the name. My intention is to engage with and bear witness to the shift in consciousness I believe is happening all around the world. It is a miracle to be able to join people everywhere who are healing ourselves, each other, and the Earth through discovering the unity and the freedom of being alive.

On this journey though our magical world, we become aware of how we create our inner and outer world as one. Let us be true to ourselves, that we might inspire each other! Witnessing so many ways of life, we recognize to the archetypal spiritual forces vying for the world, disguised in the veils of our personal story lines and ordinary lives. Every moment is a sacred offering, when we decide which ones we serve.

I will be posting draft chapters of my first novel, "Otherwise What?, as they become available. Most recent posts appear on top. Thank you for reading :)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

India

I spent two days in Delhi and am now in the town of  Dehradun, the capital of Uttarachand province, a six hour train ride north of  Delhi. Today I am on my way to Navdanya organic farm where I will visit with my cousin Michelle.
I feel so safe here. People are so kind, and respectful. I have not had one single bad encounter with anyone. It is all in the eyes. As long as I do not look at things I do not want to invite into my sphere, the I am just another small and equal part moving peacefully and insignificantly through a vibrant world of forces much greater than me. I have been taking the cheap public transportation, and everyone is calm, welcoming and unobtrusive. I feel so alive to be here, where people live with no safety net of money and comfort, as we have in more "developed" places. Reality is raw and direct, flowing naturally like the traffic here, cars, bikes and motorcycles all moving in all directions, not staying between the lines.
After seeing Michelle I think I will go to a warmer place for a few weeks and begin to learn Hindi. Then on Feb 14th I will return to Dehradun for a three week yoga course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?