Welcome

I originally began, and titled, this blog when I traveled to India for 6 months in 2011. I ended up helping the royal Panwar family start an organic farm, cultural conservation center, and hotel in the foothills of the Himalayas, 6 hours drive north of Delhi. Hence the blog posts from four years ago depicting those wonderful travels. I often think fondly of the kind people I know there.....

Happily I am continuing this blog, and keeping the name. My intention is to engage with and bear witness to the shift in consciousness I believe is happening all around the world. It is a miracle to be able to join people everywhere who are healing ourselves, each other, and the Earth through discovering the unity and the freedom of being alive.

On this journey though our magical world, we become aware of how we create our inner and outer world as one. Let us be true to ourselves, that we might inspire each other! Witnessing so many ways of life, we recognize to the archetypal spiritual forces vying for the world, disguised in the veils of our personal story lines and ordinary lives. Every moment is a sacred offering, when we decide which ones we serve.

I will be posting draft chapters of my first novel, "Otherwise What?, as they become available. Most recent posts appear on top. Thank you for reading :)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Caught a feather falling

You know you're on the right track when you catch a feather falling in the air. I was walking along the streets of Delhi, which I love surprisingly, and I just reached out my hand and caught it, without even breaking my stride. It wasn't a hawk or a peacock feather, or anything exotic, just a pretty simple white feather. Anyway, just being here is exotic enough for me!
Today I went in to a Hindu temple for the god Hunuman. From the street the temple looks like a six or seven story bright orange statue of an almost naked man with a monkey face wearing lots of jewelery and a fancy loin cloth. After taking of my shoes I entered through the open crocodile-like mouth. Inside there were many marble passage ways, walls covered with mirror mosaic and colorful shrines. Here are the living gods! In each shrine stands a god or goddess and their eyes are bulging out, staring, not at you, not within, but at something awesome, invisible and very real. Little pathways let from one chamber with a god in it to another staircase, until I finally came up almost on the top of Hunuman, looking out over the city. I didn't go all the way to the top. There was no one up there, and it seemed like someone's house. What a cool house, and porch, hidden in the heights of Hunuman's brightly painted head and shoulders! Up there in an arched nook hear Hunuman's head were two bright gold figures, one male one female. Each had their hand raised relaxed, as if they were pouring blessings down on the city below, their eyes too fixed onmisciently on something I cannot see.

Yesterday my experience of religion was different but even MORE powerful. I was so freaked out by the idea of being in Delhi, ignorant and vulnerable as I am, I was nervous to leave the hotel. But after being in planes for over 14 hours, I couldn't stay still another minute, so I went walking almost immediately after arriving. The streets are very wide with big trees growing on each side. Dirty air. After a day and a half exploring here, I have not had one single encounter with anyone who was aggressive or rude. So anyway, I was led to a beautiful Sikh temple by the sound of singing and tabla playing. The music turned out to be live and was being broadcasted on speakers all around. While the Hunuman temple was practically empty, there were many people, all very pious moving clockwise through the Sikh temple. The building is white with huge gold domes and couplets of thin arched windows evenly spaced along the walls. Absolutely everything is white marble-white marble steps, floors, walls inside and out. The walls are also carved with beautiful decorations of plants. Outside the temple is a large shallow pool, perhaps the size of two soccer fields. All around are arch ways and the ground is inlayed with geometrical patterns of stone. The sun setting behind the temple made the delicate

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?