Welcome

I originally began, and titled, this blog when I traveled to India for 6 months in 2011. I ended up helping the royal Panwar family start an organic farm, cultural conservation center, and hotel in the foothills of the Himalayas, 6 hours drive north of Delhi. Hence the blog posts from four years ago depicting those wonderful travels. I often think fondly of the kind people I know there.....

Happily I am continuing this blog, and keeping the name. My intention is to engage with and bear witness to the shift in consciousness I believe is happening all around the world. It is a miracle to be able to join people everywhere who are healing ourselves, each other, and the Earth through discovering the unity and the freedom of being alive.

On this journey though our magical world, we become aware of how we create our inner and outer world as one. Let us be true to ourselves, that we might inspire each other! Witnessing so many ways of life, we recognize to the archetypal spiritual forces vying for the world, disguised in the veils of our personal story lines and ordinary lives. Every moment is a sacred offering, when we decide which ones we serve.

I will be posting draft chapters of my first novel, "Otherwise What?, as they become available. Most recent posts appear on top. Thank you for reading :)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

News of the Week

building a road to mine stones from the property for use in building organic restaurant

hand made water storage tank for restaurant

front view of builing
hand-made frames for the Garhwali style murals I am working on
new puppy


This week things are flowing. We are still working on the becoming a certified organic farm, and we are also getting ready to start running our organic agriculture courses. We were not ready to run the April course, because we are still putting in the kitchen, bathroom and dormitory in the upper building. Hopefully they will be ready in time for the May courses.

I am so impressed with the work people do here. Besides the backhoe work we're having done, absolutely everything is done by hand. Even butting boards is done with hand tools. Stones are cut by hand and laid carefully and then covered with cement mixed by hand. The manual laborers and craft people here are really knowledgeable and talented at what they do. I am learning a  lot watching them work.

 Two exciting things that happened this week are: we adopted an adorable puppy who will be the guard dog of this place, and the surfaces are ready for the murals I am painting for the organic restaurant. I commissioned a carpenter to build the borders, and once again everything was done by hand, no machines, even cutting the boards at angles. I'm really into the local style of painting. It's beautiful, and it is an honor that my work done in the Garhwali painting style will be installed in a place where local people can see.

I am so swept up in the physical endeavors of getting a large project like this off the ground, it is sometime hard to remember that the true nature of reality and self are not as they seem. The outer world is like a dream full of meaning spinning a tale of the great spiritual forces at work behind the scenes. We should never take for granted anything in our lives. Everything is grace. There would be nothing without the universal forces that govern the universe. All the personal blessings and curses in our lives are how the gods try to teach us to evolve. With their help, we can achieve miracles. Because indeed life is a miracle. Everyone has a special fruit to bear. May it be so.

1 comment:

  1. so happy all is well...love reading..miss you! Sending my love across the world to you and your community!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?