Welcome

I originally began, and titled, this blog when I traveled to India for 6 months in 2011. I ended up helping the royal Panwar family start an organic farm, cultural conservation center, and hotel in the foothills of the Himalayas, 6 hours drive north of Delhi. Hence the blog posts from four years ago depicting those wonderful travels. I often think fondly of the kind people I know there.....

Happily I am continuing this blog, and keeping the name. My intention is to engage with and bear witness to the shift in consciousness I believe is happening all around the world. It is a miracle to be able to join people everywhere who are healing ourselves, each other, and the Earth through discovering the unity and the freedom of being alive.

On this journey though our magical world, we become aware of how we create our inner and outer world as one. Let us be true to ourselves, that we might inspire each other! Witnessing so many ways of life, we recognize to the archetypal spiritual forces vying for the world, disguised in the veils of our personal story lines and ordinary lives. Every moment is a sacred offering, when we decide which ones we serve.

I will be posting draft chapters of my first novel, "Otherwise What?, as they become available. Most recent posts appear on top. Thank you for reading :)

Monday, January 31, 2011

Globalization

Every fifty miles you go here, there is a different culture, different language, different dress, different food, customs etc. All over the world, people have found such diverse ways of celebrating life and living in harmony with their environment. But all this is changing rapidly. There are tvs in every home. In my humble opinion, tv is the devil. It uses the power of images, and art to temp people into pursuing useless cheap thrills instead of seeking happiness through creative and constructive means. But I'll get off my soap box now.
What I am meaning to say is that indigenous cultures are dying out as people buy into consumer culture.
Some may claim that this is people's free choice. But it is not so simple. There are big businesses behind the scenes orchestrating alliances between nations and monopolies of large corporations. I am seeing the effects of globalization in the streets. Here is an article talking about the politics underlying it.
This is a photo from the train leaving Delhi at sunrise.
WAR WITHOUT BORDERS, WASHINGTON INTENSIFIES PUSH INTO CENTRAL ASIA
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=23012

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?